Emergency First Aid At Work
Who Should Attend?
Anybody wishing to learn emergency first aid procedures for providing first aid in the workplace (low risk)
What Will Be Covered?
The course is approved by the Health & Safety Executive and is delivered in accordance with the Approved Code of Practice L74for training candidates in first aid for low risk environments. The content covers the basic essentials required to provide emergency care to a patient.
Candidates will receive training in a wide range of first aid skills including:
- The ability to act safely and effectively when an accident or emergency occurs
- The treatments and priorities of care for an unconscious patient
- The recognition and treatment of a person in seizure
- The recognition of cardiac arrest and delivery of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- The ability to recognise and safely treat a patient who is choking
- The ability to safely and promptly treat a patient who is bleeding
- The keeping of simple records following an accident at work